Founded in 2002, LinkedIn is a business and employment-based social networking platform used mainly for professional networking. With over 200 million users, it is unique and popular across the globe. Job seekers can post their CVs and employers can post jobs. Every member of LinkedIn has his or her own professional profile. In the same way, companies have business pages to boost LinkedIn marketing.
Your company page will help other LinkedIn members learn about your business, products and services, job openings, and other important updates. Opening a LinkedIn company page is easy, however, there are few things that you need in order to open a page.
Requirements For A LinkedIn Company Page
- You need to have your own LinkedIn personal profile with your true first and last name and your profile must be at least seven days old
- Your profile strength must be Intermediate or All Star
- The number of connections you have in your profile should be many
- You need to be currently employed by the company and this information needs to be listed under the ‘Experience’ section
- Your company email address is confirmed on your profile
- The email domain of your company is unique
Once you have fulfilled these requirements, you can create your company’s page. The steps involved are:
Go to your homepage and move the cursor to the top and select ‘Companies’.
You will come across a ‘Create a Company Page’ option on the right. Click on ‘create’.
Now you need to enter your company’s name and your work email ID.
Click on ‘continue’ and enter company details as asked on that page.
- If your work e-mail address is unconfirmed on your profile, then LinkedIn will send a message to your mail address. Follow the instructions sent to that e-mail address, so that your work e-mail address can be confirmed. You can only create a LinkedIn company page, if your work email address is confirmed.
- A red error message will pop up if there is any problem creating your company page.
- Remember, there is no preview available. As soon as you click on ‘publish’, your page goes live on LinkedIn’s website.
- In order to publish your company page, you will need to write a company description (250-2000 characters) and also include your company’s website URL
Tips To Grow Followers On Your LinkedIn Company Page
It is merely not enough to open a company page in LinkedIn. In order to reach out to more people, your page needs followers. Here are few tips to help you gain more followers on your company page:
- Write a compelling description and include keywords, so that people can easily find you.
- Make sure your company page has the products and services you offer along with images. Keep in mind that the most important product or service should be on the top.
- Have a fantastic cover image.
- Ask your employees to connect to the page.
- Publish updates and promote your page well.
- Lastly, make sure that the content on your page is fresh, unique, and informational.